Even today, the mojito is one of the most requested summers cocktails on any drink menu. The five-ingredient highball drink is a go-to for anyone trying to beat the heat. Classically, the mojito is made with white rum, sugar, lime juice, mint and club soda. Different variations of this drink are found all over , and range from strawberry basil to guava puree. The mojito is a mixture of simple ingredients that will stand up against any heavy ingredient cocktail.
Muttler (the back of a large wooden spoon works)
12 Mint leaves
2 tsp of sugar
.75 oz Fresh lime juice
1.5 oz White rum (Any White rum will do)
- Add 12 mint leaves and 2 tsp of simple syrup (sugar is ok) to the highball glass. Roll the lime on a cutting board to release some oils. Cut in half, squeeze half of the lime into glass.
- Gently muttle all the ingredients in the bottom of the glass (DON’T ground the leave into small pieces)
- Add 1.5 oz of white rum and stir with bar spoon
- Fill the glass ¾ with crushed ice.
- Top off with seltzer and more crushed ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.